Festus Manor is 100 percent committed to keeping all of our residents, families and team members safe and maintaining a high standard of care for our residents. We are continuing to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation, and we are following all policies and practices as set by state and federal officials.
What is the current visitation policy?
At this time, Festus Manor is restricting any visitation from family members or friends.
How can I communicate with my loved one during this time?
We strongly encourage you to continue to communicate with your loved one through technology such as their technology or iPads. Our team will do our best to assist your loved one with this process.
Are residents still able to attend routine medical visits?
Our team will consult with the resident and designated family member to determine if the appointment is essential or may be rescheduled.
Am I able to drop off supplies to my loved one?
Yes. Please coordinate with our facility, and arrangements will be made for a drop-off outside of the facility.
Are residents allowed to leave the facility?
To keep our facility as safe as possible, we are asking that residents not leave the facility.
COVID-19 Protocol Questions
What precautionary methods does Festus Manor have in place to fight COVID-19?
Closely monitoring and screening all residents and team members for symptoms on a daily and shift-by-shift basis. This includes temperature checks and other CDC-recommended screenings. We are screening residents three times per day as well.
- Enforcing social distancing, maintaining six feet between all individuals and limiting community activities.
- Allowing only essential individuals (those providing needed essential care for residents) into the community.
- Practicing frequent hand hygiene in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Frequent disinfecting of commonly touched environmental surfaces to decrease environmental contamination.
- Taking higher-than-required protective equipment precautions, such as wearing masks, gloves and gowns as situations warrant their use.
- Encouraging all residents to stay in their rooms as much as possible to better protect themselves.
- Permitting only virtual tours and Facetime and enforcing strict screening measures for new residents until further notice.
- Working with our engineers and building maintenance team to move residents to appropriate wings and control airflow in the building.
- To minimize spread to our residents, all staff has been asked to follow the stay-at-home guidelines and encouraged to have someone else in their household make all of their essential errands.
What is the quarantine protocol?
If a resident is confirmed positive for COVID-19, they are relocated to a separate region of the facility with dedicated staff members to care for them. If needed, they are relocated to the nearest hospital.
What happens if a staff member is tested positive for COVID-19?
In accordance to CDC guidelines, staff members who test positive for COVID-19 are required to quarantine for 10 days and will not be allowed to return to work until they are completely asymptomatic or test negative.
Have residents been provided face masks?
Yes. All residents have been provided masks, gloves and extra sanitizing products.
Will positive-testing patients receive separate caregivers, staff members, etc.?
Yes. The facility is being divided into two sections of “well” and “COVID-19” residents to prevent spread. Each hall has a dedicated staff and separate staff dressing rooms and meal areas. Additionally, to drastically eliminate chances of exposure through outside contact, housing has been offered to all employees during this time.
How will you protect other residents who have not tested positive?Residents who have tested positive for COVID-19 are being relocated to a separate region of the facility. Residents who are well will not be interacting with staff who are dedicated to working with the COVID-19 patients.
Are staff being checked regularly?
Yes. All staff are checked for symptoms on a daily and shift-by-shift basis, both at the beginning and end of each shift. This includes temperature checks and other CDC-recommended screenings. If staff display any symptoms during their shift, they are asked to immediately leave the floor, report to their supervisor and exit the community.
Are residents being checked regularly?
Yes. All residents are being checked three times per day for symptoms. This includes temperature checks and other CDC-recommended screenings.
Does Festus have the necessary supplies to support its residents?
Yes. The Festus Manor staff is able to provide the highest care for your loved one during this unprecedented time. Our team is taking higher-than-required protective equipment precautions, such as wearing masks, gloves and gowns as situations warrant their use.
Has communal dining been canceled?
Yes. All meals are being delivered to residents’ rooms.
Are health care professionals allowed in the facility?
Festus Manor is only allowing essential individuals (those providing needed essential care for residents) into the community.
Who should I contact if I have questions?
If you have questions, please contact Jeanne Dirschuweit at 636-931-9066.